How to Have Real Economic Security in a Changing World
There are many people today who would like to leave the high insecurity and the boredom of the jobs they have. Even those individuals who have relatively secure jobs often find they are unhappy with the work they are doing. Unfortunately, many of them feel trapped, locked into the routine of the 8-5, day after day.
There are many reasons for wanting to choose self-employment. Some people have the goal of increasing their earnings; others desire to have more time with their families or time for their other interests in life.
Is it possible to escape the ‘rat-race’, enjoy life, and have real economic security?
Think about THIS:
Within just a few miles of your home, there are tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of square feet of office, retail, medical, and industrial waiting to be cleaned. And every night the work is the same. Each night you clean; the next day someone comes in and dirties up the office! The work is done on a regular schedule, the work is never ending, and best of all, YOU get paid to keep the buildings looking good.
The commercial cleaning industry is big business! It is estimated that the cleaning industry in general, generates over 65 billion dollars every year in the United States. It’s an unlimited market. There are over 20,000,000 businesses in the United States. The market for cleaning services is constantly expanding. New buildings are being built, new businesses are starting; some of your competitors have gotten too big to maintain consistent levels of quality, others no longer want to deal with small to medium-size buildings, the potential is endless.
Here are some of reasons my family and I benefited by starting a contract cleaning business more than a decade ago:
1. You are your own boss. As an independent business person you provide service to many others, but you are never employed by them. You can never lose your job! Yes, you may lose a contract now and then, but you will never lose all of them at once.
2. Professional cleaning is an active business. You are not in retail, you don’t have to sit and wait for customers. You go out and get your customers, and if you do your business well, they remain your customers month after month, year after year.
3. You can work out of your home. Most contract cleaning firms start out as home-based operations. You can easily operate a small to medium size company out of a home office.
4. Little inventory required. Because you are providing a service, you do not have to stock expensive inventory. In the beginning cleaning supplies and equipment can be kept in a garage or storeroom or even in the trunk of your car.
5. A small investment. The contract cleaning business is unique in that an entrepreneur can begin with just a few hundred dollars and build a substantial business in a short period of time.
6. You can learn on the job. You can begin with little experience, gain knowledge through books, magazines, workshops, etc.
7. You have flexible work hours. You can begin your cleaning service on a part-time basis, allowing you to continue to work full-time in another field. Most of your work will be done in the evenings and on weekends, and, you can arrange your work hours to fit your schedule.
8. Small businesses can provide the personal touch. Per hour worked, small to medium-sized businesses are very profitable.
9. You are creating a valuable asset. If you work for someone and quit your job or get fired, you have nothing to show for the effort and time you have invested. But by building your own business you have an asset you can sell, or, you can hire someone to manage it for you.
This is RECESSION-PROOF! Many of my clients have changed – some have gone out of business; but we’ve built a 6-figure income out of the cleaning business; and so can YOU!